Jam Sandwich Biscuits
These delicious biscuits are a slight alternative to Jammie Dodgers. The biscuit is more of a shortbread with the addition of ground almonds. I got the recipe from this book 1001 Cupcakes, Cookies and Tempting Treats - Love Food which I've had for years and I dip into every now and again to satisfy my sweet tooth. I sandwiched them together with raspberry jam but you could use the jam of your choice. The first time I attempted these biscuits they went down a storm so I shall definitely be making them again soon!
225 g/ 8 oz butter
100 g/3 1/2 oz castor sugar
200 g/7 oz plain flour
pinch of salt
100 g/3 1/2 oz ground almonds
icing sugar for dusting, optional
1) Beat butter and sugar together in a bowl.
2) Add flour, salt and almonds and combine to form a dough.
3) Wrap the dough in clingfilm and refridgerate for an hour or two.
4) Preheat oven to 150 degrees (300 degrees or gas mark 2).
5) Roll the dough to 5mm think and cut circles using a biscuit cutter or a drinking glass.
6) Cut a smaller circle in the middle of half the biscuits.
7) Bake for 25-30 minutes.
8) Leave to cool.
9) Sandwich together with the jam and dust icing sugar over the top.